I am on my way home from Greece, as I write this post 🌞.
We were holidaying in Crete for 8 days and we also enjoyed 3 wonderful nights in Athens, where we combined a business trip with visiting our lovely friends who live in this beautiful, vibrant city.
I took the below video on the first morning of our holiday in Crete. We were staying at a villa which was very kindly offered to us by a friend. How amazing is that! We had arrived very late the night before and so I had no idea how beautiful it was until I woke up the next morning. I was so overcome with happiness, excitement and gratitude that I decided to capture the moment by making this video. As you will see, I'm a complete amateur when it comes to taking videos but no doubt I will only get better at this with practice 🙂.
The message is all about gratitude. Clearly, I had a lot to be grateful for when I took this video. But even during the worst moments of my life, I always try to see and focus on the good in my life. Having a grateful attitude towards life can make the difference between a good day and a bad day. By giving thanks, we raise up our energy and our vibration to a higher level which in turn attracts more positive energy back to us. The opposite happens when we chose to complain and focus on all the negatives in our life. This is called attractor energies. Have you ever noticed how well your day goes when you wake up with a positive attitude? Or, how bad your day plays out when you wake up in a bad mood? This is not a coincidence! By consciously choosing to think positive thoughts and choosing gratitude, you send out positive energies to the universe which in turn manifest positive feelings and events to take place in your life.
It is not always easy, believe me I know, to choose gratitude and positivity over negativity. Every day we are bombarded with images and stories on the news and social media which evoke negative thoughts and feelings. We also have been so conditioned to complain and to think negatively that most of us are not even aware of how often we choose negatively over positivity. With awareness and practice it is, however, possible to re-program our mind to choose gratitude and positivity. I have done it and so can you!
Here are some gratitude tips:
- Make a conscious effort to see the wonderment of each day.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Create a happiness jar and fill it with daily messages.
- Replace complaints with gratitude - each time you are tempted to complain, think about something in your life for which you are grateful.
- Remember that no matter how bad you think your life is, there is someone out there who would swap with you in an instant.
- Give the benefit of the doubt and try to see the good in people.
- Be your own best friend and acknowledge yourself for all your accomplishments, no matter how small.
- Cultivate and show appreciation for the important people in your life - tell them how grateful you are.
- Learn to love and accept yourself just the way you are.
- Value and appreciate your health!